Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Quilter's Garden

If you've read my blog any time at all, you know that all I do is quilt! I clean house just enough to get by, I do enjoy cooking but seem to be doing less and less of that lately. I do love fresh tomatoes and I always try to have some kind of a little garden. At the house in town, the back yard isn't much bigger than a peanut. We had a mild winter and that means volunteer tomatoes are everywhere! It's so hard to pull those rascals up and toss them and they have just about taken over. I wasn't sure what was coming up since I had several kinds last year and I definitely wanted some Romas so I bought four plants. At last count, I have 35 tomato plants growing in this tiny little spot. There's also a couple of parsley, cilantro, pepper and eggplants in there somewhere amongst all the tomatoes. And, what do you think I'd use to tie them up? Leftovers from the strips of fabric and that makes the plants so pretty! They all have bright colored cotton ties. There's a hole that I've been trying to fill in and I throw all my weeds and rocks and dirt clumps in there and what do you think I have growing down there now . . tomatoes! Here's a little corner where I have basil, parsley, ginger lilies in the green pots, callas and some lavender. Pretend you don't see any weeds! :) It's all a little weedy but I can't do everything, right? Judy L.

3 Comments:

  • love your garden photos...we are only having one tomatoe plant this year...as we are tearing the entire backyard up!

    By Blogger Cher, at 6/07/2006 07:50:00 PM  

  • Your garden looks awfully good to me. I miss digging in the dirt! I did plant a tomato plant last year in a pot on the patio, but every single tomato except one was eaten on by birds. Not going to set myself up for that disappointment this year! LOL

    Can't wait to read all about your abundant crop of tomatoes this year!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 6/07/2006 08:19:00 PM  

  • What's a garden without a few weeds? It's hard to maintain a garden AND quilt so I say well done for having such a pretty plot.

    By Blogger Fiona, at 6/08/2006 01:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home