Sunshine Quilts

Friday, June 16, 2006

No News!

There's absolutely nothing of interest to report from my little spot in Kentucky. So no one fears that I have fallen off the face of the earth, here's what not so newsworthy events have taken place here:

  • After the post about not being from here and the wheat berries, I got the urge to buy a mill and grind my own wheat and make my own flour. Tracey helped me out a whole bunch -- she mills her own flour. Just today I found a local co-op where I can order wheat and all kinds of other good stuff but they just ordered so it will be a month before I can order. It doesn't matter because I just yesterday ordered 25 pounds of flour from King Arthur.
  • The new dishwasher and microwave arrived today. Even though we hadn't paid extra for installation, the delivery guy felt pity on us and installed the microwave. Vince installed the dishwasher tonight so now I can have clean dishes and melt butter! :)
  • On the quilt front, I'm hoping to finish the quilt with the purple/white nine patches tonight so I can maybe quilt it this weekend. Chad is off tomorrow and Vince is always off on weekends so I may not get much sewing/quilting done.
  • Made Ciabatta Bread and Patty's Cinnamon Rolls today. Yum! I do love bread (and it shows!) I can't find her recipe on her blog now but they are so good!
  • My friend, Becky, has a real garden and she gave me onions, potatoes, zucchini and some HUGE cabbages so I spend a day making cabbage rolls for the freezer.
That's about it . . told you it was nothing exciting going on around here. Judy

12 Comments:

  • Maybe not that exciting but it sounds like a satisfying day as far as getting things done.

    By Blogger Joyce, at 6/17/2006 04:28:00 AM  

  • Sounds like you had a busy day but a enjoyable one! Those are my favorite days getting things done but in a enjoyable way. Have a great weekend

    By Blogger Peggy, at 6/17/2006 04:30:00 AM  

  • Sounds like there's a LOT going on in your neck of the woods!

    Judy, that's a LOT of flour...... boy, do I wish I lived next door to you! LOL! Bread is my downfall, too!

    Here's wishing some quilty time for you this weekend!!

    ((HUGS))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 6/17/2006 05:51:00 AM  

  • Life's like that though really isn't it - after all we'd all be nervous wrecks if every day was massively eventful - the bread sounds lovely

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/17/2006 09:55:00 AM  

  • OK..so how much wheat do you want? We have about 2K bushels (@60lbs a bushel) in storage?! I did take my 5 gallon bucket out and save me enough to bring to the house for my own use!

    Seriously..IF you can't wait...I'll send you some!

    By Blogger Saska, at 6/17/2006 10:08:00 AM  

  • *grins*

    The first time I read that I thought you were planning to melt butter in your new dishwasher... I thought - well, ok... she's Maverick!

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 6/17/2006 01:57:00 PM  

  • Wow - what ambition to mill your own flour! I bet it tastes wonderful! Not much going on in quilt land for me either, seems like I"m just so busy with the kids!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 6/17/2006 05:18:00 PM  

  • that sounds like enough to me! Especially with all the cooking going on, Judy. One day I am going to learn how to make bread.

    By Blogger Linda C, at 6/17/2006 07:36:00 PM  

  • when you first posted about the wheat berries bloger wasn't letting me comment.

    I do know what wheat berries are. When I had more time in my life, we also got wheat berries. I milled them in my parents old Folly Mill. However, I started using them in many other ways also. You can use them like rice or with rice. You just have to let them cook a little bit longer. It adds a great flavor. I also used them in soups like barly. Wow they were great there.

    By the way it sounds like your day has been quite full. Would love to see how your quilt is doing.

    Rae

    By Blogger Rae, at 6/18/2006 08:28:00 AM  

  • Maybe you should give us another recipe???? Loved that last one!

    By Blogger Fouquette Racing, at 6/18/2006 01:54:00 PM  

  • the recipe for my cinnamon rolls is in my blog archives for the date of Thursday, January 19, 2006
    Glad you like them ! Think its under a title of sweet rolls or something other than cinnamon

    By Blogger Patty, at 6/18/2006 08:26:00 PM  

  • Am I the only one who thinks 25 lbs. of flour is obscene? But then again, I don't do near as much from scratch as you...

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 6/19/2006 11:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home