Sunshine Quilts

Sunday, November 06, 2005

My First FiberArt Postcard

This is my first FibertArt Postcard. The writing could be a little neater but I think it turned out pretty cute and I had lots of fun! And, it's kinda hard to quilt a 4" x 6" piece on the longarm! :) The theme of the postcards was to be "My Favorite Season" and mine happens to be Fall. Gayle McKay got me started on this artsy quilting idea and I think I'm hooked. Gayle and Steve are also wonderful longarm quilters - http://www.stevequilts.com I had lived in south Louisiana my whole life except for 2 years when we lived in Jasper, TX. In 1997 (at the age of 43), Vince and I got married, and Chad and I moved to KY where Vince was living. Until that time, I had never seen leaf color or snow. Prior to moving here, the only thing Fall meant to me was allergy season. In south Louisiana, we didn't have much season changes. It was just hot and hotter. We seemed to always have the air conditioner running on Christmas Day. I also love Winter and maybe I like Fall and Winter so much because I lived most of my life without experiencing either.

As I look out my window today and see the beautiful color surrounding my home, I feel lucky to be living here.

JL

1 Comments:

  • Great job, Judy! I can't wait to see what you do with your next postcards.

    Funny about your "hot and hotter." Lots of NDans talk about "cold and colder" or "hunting season and non-hunting season!" ;-)

    Darcie

    By Blogger Darcie, at 11/06/2005 06:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home