Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

How did it get to be November?

Time flies when you're having fun! Just to prove I'm serious about reducing the stash (and maybe a little obsessed with doing so), I've added a list in the sidebar to track the progress. I have two stash tops done . . well, one is done, one is almost done. But, I have to get back to the longarm tomorrow. Maybe I'll quilt on Wednesday and Thursday, then get back to piecing on Friday. Because I hate shopping and I detest lines, every year about this time I head to Wal-Mart and stock up on supplies to last me through Christmas. I had planned to go out today and fill the little SUV with toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc. so I do not have to go to Wal-Mart or Target again til after the first of the year but it's raining so I'll wait. Anyway, today is the first of the month and Wal-Mart is always more crowded near the first of the month. So, today I sew! JL

3 Comments:

  • Happy November..*VBS*..I love your stash reduction idea..have been seeing it quite a few place..and think I'll join..*G*

    On my trip north for my Oct. quilt retreat I normally buy,and buy and buy..every quilt shop along the way..LOL. This year we only hit 3...I got one pattern for a bag, and 2 FQ's at the first, less than $15. Second one I found a half yard cut that was the fabric I'd needed for lattice(Little Monsters) just under $5- and last shop..NOTHING..LOL. My friend Betsy couldn't believe it. It feels good!
    Love your sidebar idea too, will have to think about that one tho..very high tech for me. Keep up the good work!

    By Blogger Finn, at 11/01/2005 09:36:00 AM  

  • Hmmm, I thought about a side bar for stash reduction and UFO's but then decided that would scare me way too much if I wrote it down!!!!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 11/01/2005 11:05:00 AM  

  • Kudos to you for putting making your stash-reduction goals real and public. I look forward to watching that list of quilts grow (and seeing photos of all of them, too, of course.)

    By Blogger sophie, at 11/01/2005 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home