Sunshine Quilts

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Successful Trip to the Quilt Shop

I had to go to the quilt shop yesterday. Yes, I HAD to go! I try to go once a month to pick up and deliver quilts that I've quilted. It's about a 40 mile drive to the shop and it's mostly back roads but it's a pretty drive and I always enjoy going. A friend went with me and we went to Evansville, IN first so we could go to JoAnn's. I had a 40% off coupon and I bought some heavy duty fabric to replace the leaders on the longarm. Then we headed to Boonville to Village Mercantile. I needed fabric for three projects. The blue/pink stack at the top is for a project that I hope to submit to a magazine and if they don't want it, I'll maybe publish it as a single pattern. The bottom stack with the greens, ecru, black, etc. is for a Christmas quilt and I had no Christmas fabric in my stash. The pieces on the left are a panel and coordinating fabric for a panel quilt for a baby quilt for a gift for the lady/baby in Lake Charles whose husband was injured just before Rita hit. That is all I bought . . nothing I didn't *need*! Are you proud of me? I'm proud of myself! Judy L.

4 Comments:

  • Cheers to you, Judy! You did good, girl!

    Besides the shopping...I would bet that you and your friend got lots of talking and laughing accomplished....

    Keep us updated on these projects!

    Darcie

    By Blogger Darcie, at 10/28/2005 06:41:00 AM  

  • Good job Judy !!

    By Blogger Finn, at 10/28/2005 02:24:00 PM  

  • I am proud of you ! You picked some nice fabrics to do your projects.

    I think the baby quilt is a cute idea, I like clowns

    Boop

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/31/2005 05:53:00 PM  

  • I can't believe you only bought what you needed! WOW! That is will power!

    I LOVE the pink/blue stack of fabric! I can't wait to see what you make out of that!

    What fun!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 11/01/2005 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home