Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Kodak Moments and . . no Kodak!

This is what I get for complaining about all the STUFF we were taking on the trip. I had my camera packed but I took it out to take a picture of my ugly fabric and . . I forgot the camera, picture and all. As we were backing out of the driveway, I remembered but I thought to myself . . Vince has his so I won't worry about it. We get here and I asked him where his camera is packed and he said "I didn't bring it, I knew you'd have yours!" We even went to Wal-Mart to see if they had a decent deal on a digital camera but they didn't. So, we've missed a picture of the one rainbow trout Vince caught and Vince falling through the step getting out of the hot top . . sprawled across the patio. What a sight! He wasn't hurt and as soon as I knew he was ok, it was quite a sight! I also had my square ruler packed, took it out to square up one block and . . forgot it too. The new rule at my house is ONE SOMETHING IS PACKED, DON'T TAKE IT OUT! This cabin is beyond wonderful. There's not another cabin in sight . . total privacy. The hot tub is on the patio; there's a huge jaccuzzi tub in the master bath, the kitchen has a gas stove (I had forgotten how nice it is to cook on gas); there's a pool table in the walkout basement and Chad has been playing pool when he wasn't fishing and there's obviously internet -- wireless DSL. I could live here! The guys fish all day and I sew all day, then we sit in the hot tub and sip wine for a while in the evening, then the guys watch a dvd while I sew some more. What a life, huh? JL

5 Comments:

  • Oh Judy!

    I can certainly relate...sounds like Todd and myself...we're very dependent on our mates, aren't we!

    The cabin sounds more like a dreamhome! When can we come?! ;-)

    So glad you're having a great time. Live it up!

    Darcie

    By Blogger Darcie, at 10/11/2005 05:44:00 PM  

  • Sounds like a super duper place to be...so glad you can sew. Have a wonderful time..come back soon..*S*

    By Blogger Finn, at 10/11/2005 08:51:00 PM  

  • A girl could get used to that. Enjoy! Jen

    By Blogger Jen, at 10/13/2005 05:58:00 PM  

  • Oh Judy! I want to be there! It sounds wonderful!!!!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 10/14/2005 05:48:00 AM  

  • Wow! The memories will now be in your hearts and minds. Sometimes, I think it's a "good thing" for us to not have the cameras available. I've stored several wonderful rainbows and sunsets and smiles in my mind that I love to go back and ponder. And now, your articulate descriptions will be in my mind to ponder too. So happy that you have found a wonderful getaway!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 10/15/2005 07:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home