Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Strange Sight!

There's a man in my kitchen! Oh, wait . . that's my husband! This is not a sight I see often! :) He's making salt rising bread. I don't know why it won't work when I try to make it but he can make it work! It's smelling really yummy about now. This house has probably the tiniest kitchen allowed in a house. We were both in the kitchen making bread this morning. I had started making pizza dough to cook on the grill. I didn't know he was bringing his salt rising starter over from the other house so we had flour everywhere! It all worked out. The grilled pizzas for lunch were great. I was thankful I had made the pizza sauce last night. The bread is on it's final rise now. We were so out of room in the kitchen that he has it all in his car rising! Speck loves laying in the sun. Look how he's stretched out in the one spot where the sun is shining through. Notice he has his bone and a sock right close by. Such a funny little dog. And, then there's the bunny! Chad used the finer mesh and built a fence around the grape vines. This morning I caught him nibbling on my zucchini so Chad built a fence around the basil and zucchini. Now he's decided to munch on the day lilies. He was so cute at first but I think it's about time for him to find a new home! He's hardly afraid of us at all. We can get within a few feet of him. He went running right by Speck this morning but he was so fast, Speck hardly even noticed him. No sewing today . . except I did sew the sleeve down on the red star quilt. Maybe tonight I'll have a few minutes to work on some log cabin blocks for mom. Judy

7 Comments:

  • Your man in the kitchen, your dog sunning, and Mr. Bunny munching on your garden - life is good in Kentucky!!

    Please post a picture of the bread! I used to bake bread a lot, but have totally abandoned that. The last time I made homemade biscuits, they were like hockey pucks!

    Give Speck a smooch from Daisy!

    (((HUGS)))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 5/20/2006 06:25:00 PM  

  • *Thinks*

    Where there's one bunny, aren't there usually two... or three... and more?

    My brother had a real problem with them munching on his landscaping, so he started using his paintball gun on them... apparently didn't hurt them enough to scare them away, because his grandaughter saw one of his targets in April, it was red on one side, and blue on the other, so... Easter Bunny. :)

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 5/20/2006 07:19:00 PM  

  • what a lovely sounding day you had-I wish I could have napped in a spot of sunshine like Speck!

    By Blogger Cher, at 5/20/2006 08:18:00 PM  

  • With all the fresh grass and clover, you'd think that bunny wouldn't ned your stuff, wouldn't you? No such luck!

    Great to have someone making bread at you house...wow! Bet it was delish!

    By Blogger Finn, at 5/20/2006 09:12:00 PM  

  • Life is good, when you have a man in the kitchen cooking ! sounds like a nice day. It was so hot here that I felt grumpy

    By Blogger Patty, at 5/20/2006 09:22:00 PM  

  • You put the bread in the car to rise?...That is a small kitchen!!!

    By Blogger Deb Geyer, at 5/21/2006 05:29:00 AM  

  • Judy, what a lucky gal you are to have a DH who bakes bread! Mine thinks when he bbq's he's cooked me dinner. Even though it's ME who has to prepare the meat for the grill along with all the side dishes. I'm sure most of you can relate to this. GL with the bunny problem.

    By Blogger Ann, at 5/21/2006 06:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home