Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Distractions :)

This little bunny has been in my back yard for a couple of weeks. He's very small but he's grown quite a bit. I think he finds my dandelions quite yummy. He has parked himself outside the window of my quilting room and I have watched him off and on all day. Not quite sure about daily dietary requirements for a little bunny but this little fellow may well have a tummy ache tonight. He has eaten non-stop today. It's been drizzly most of the day so Speck has had no interest in lounging in the sun on the back patio so the bunny has had an uninterrupted day in the back yard. This is the sky about 7:00, way too early to get dark but pretty ominous looking. There are small tornadoes around us but nothing close enough to send me to the bath tub yet. In fact, our tornado watch has just now been cancelled. Want to know how lucky I am? When I was at Paducah, I bought about 15 cones of Superior Masterpiece thread. I mostly bought black, tan, cream, gray . . neutrals. But, because I love purple and lime green, I picked up a cone of each. Didn't have a quilt in mind but just liked the colors. On this quilt I'm working on, I wasn't going to quilt anything in the narrow purple and green strips but there's so much quilting in the black area, they seem to need quilting. I didn't remember what colors of thread I had purchased and was thinking I might not have the right colors for those strips. But look how well they match! Perfect!! Judy L.

7 Comments:

  • How lucky about the thread!!! You couldn't have planned it better!

    By Blogger Kim West, at 5/10/2006 07:37:00 PM  

  • Perfect match on the thread. I also love those two colours. I enjoy seeing what you are up to with your long arm. Your quilting is an inspriation to the newbie long armers of the world!

    By Blogger Silverthimble, at 5/10/2006 09:07:00 PM  

  • wow, how lucky was that! I love those colors too

    By Blogger Cher, at 5/11/2006 07:58:00 AM  

  • Judy,
    HURRY UP with this quilt will ya?!!! I'm dying to see it! lol...the thread is a beautiful match!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 5/11/2006 08:07:00 AM  

  • On the thread front, we'll call that KISMET!

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 5/11/2006 08:29:00 AM  

  • Those threads look like you picked them out just for that project! Good luck tomorrow. I am sure a lot of kids have a Mom that cries on the first day of kindergarten AS WELL AS the last day of high school! :) Sending hugs your way.

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, at 5/11/2006 09:45:00 AM  

  • Oh please send that bunny my way - a bunny that eats dandylyons sounds good to me - the bunnies around here are more interested in my tulips - ouch!

    Perfect match on the thread! Goes to show - buy what you like because it all comes together.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 5/11/2006 06:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home