Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Quilters and Our Machines

I'm the luckiest girl I know!! Maybe not always the smartest . . but always the luckiest! :) My Bernina 1230 has been giving me a bit of trouble. I bought it in about 1989 or 1990 and it's never been to the shop. Oh, I clean it and oil it and take real good care of it but lately it's just been kinda fading away in the middle of stitching. After Bonnie had mentioned that her foot pedal had died, I started thinking .. maybe it's the foot pedal. The local dealer is small and I knew she wouldn't have a foot pedal for the 1230 laying around and I just dreaded sending it off to be serviced. Today, the thought occurred to me to check on ebay for a foot pedal. Maybe it wouldn't be too much and I could order it and try it. Trusty old ebay! Got on there and found a foot pedal that supposedly fit the 930, 1230 and several other models. Wait a minute . . I have a 930!! Switched the foot pedal and it works perfectly! Amazing! I've been messing with this 1230 not working correctly for probably 2 years but it's getting worse. Called the Bernina lady (my friend, Betty) and she ordered me a new foot. Solved that problem pronto! If only all my problems were so easily solved! :) Judy L.

5 Comments:

  • Saved by a pedal. Don't you just love it?

    By Blogger Eileen, at 8/05/2006 01:15:00 PM  

  • Gotta love those Berninas!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 8/05/2006 05:08:00 PM  

  • I had a problem with thread breaking on my trusty virtuosa 150. Took it to the machine hospital and they replaced the bobbin race and the shaft that holds the needle - I had sew so much on this machine that I had worn it out - the bobbin race had grooves that shouldn't have been there and somehow the shaft had got bent.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/06/2006 03:09:00 AM  

  • YAY! Wow, no servicing, huh? My almost brand new machine will go in whether it needs it or not yearly...

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 8/07/2006 07:56:00 AM  

  • i love that parts on machines are often interchangeable... you are the third person this month that I heard was having foot pedal problems..

    By Blogger McIrish Annie, at 8/07/2006 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home