Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Heart Quilting

A while back I shared the back side of the heart quilts that are in the American Quilter this month. I had hoped the quilting would show up better in the magazine but it doesn't. The Floral Passion quilt is in the magazine and the Hearts Afire version is on the web page for AQS members. This picture shows the quilting in the hearts of the Hearts Afire version. Notice the little feather that I meandered into the background. Have I said lately that I love quilting? I did finish the black quilt last night, actually very early this morning. I ended up having to wash the quilt to get the chalk marks out. I had hoped not to have to wash it but even where the chalk did come out, there was so much chalk dust everywhere that the whole quilt looked smudgy. So, I washed it last night, dried it for a while, then laid it out in the floor and blocked it. I left the ceiling fan on so it was all dry when I got up this morning. The binding is now on, the sleeve is on. The hand work remains to be done. I was planning to share a picture here but it's raining and the only hope I have of getting the quilting to show up is to take a picture outside. Maybe tomorrow . . Judy L.

9 Comments:

  • Whew! I'm puffing behind all the quilting dust you're making... so much progress! :)

    By Blogger Leah Spencer, at 5/13/2006 05:30:00 PM  

  • I love the quilting on that heart!

    By Blogger Silverthimble, at 5/13/2006 05:41:00 PM  

  • Enjoyed catching up with you. I so missed reading all the blogs! I've always thought your quilting looked perfect. Someday I hope to be half as good as you are.

    By Blogger Patti, at 5/13/2006 06:59:00 PM  

  • fantastic quilting Judy...

    By Blogger Cher, at 5/13/2006 07:45:00 PM  

  • Oh, that quilting is wonderful and so special!

    Good for you for finishing that black quilt with that black thread and all those feathers! I know you put lots of time into it and I am sure it looks like a dream!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 5/14/2006 04:35:00 AM  

  • Love the heart quilting! The pix in the magazine didn't do it justice.

    By Blogger Vicky, at 5/14/2006 06:46:00 AM  

  • Lovely, Judy...just lovely! The tiny feather is a fun touch to the stippling. Mind if I borrow that from you sometime?

    Happy Mother's Day!

    By Blogger Darcie, at 5/14/2006 06:55:00 AM  

  • Judy, I have to say, I hunted down that magazine just so I could have your pattern and see the front of this quilt! Thanks so much for this photo...much better than the one in there. again, gorgeous quilting...

    By Blogger Cher, at 5/14/2006 08:47:00 AM  

  • Cool.... Do you generally get people who do the pattern from the magazine & then ask for it to be quilted like you quilted yours? I love what you did in the hearts...

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 5/15/2006 07:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home