Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hour #2

How did you do with your first hour of piecing? If you sewed for one hour, good for you! If you didn't, that's not a problem. No one's taking names. Do what's comfortable for you. We have at least one over achiever in the group -- Leah! I love seeing and hearing about your progress. Thanks to those of you who wrote me or commented here. Hour #2: Finish up making your half square triangles. If you're using a 4 x 5 block setting, you need a total of 80 half square triangles. If you're doing the 4 x 6 block setting, you need a total of 96 half square triangles. Judy L.

5 Comments:

  • Ooh, I've been caught! ;)

    But really, I'm having so much fun with this. And because I make myself stop after one hour, I still feel desire and anticipation at doing more the next day. No chance of burning out! :)

    By Blogger Leah Spencer, at 8/15/2006 08:50:00 AM  

  • I have done my daily hour today, and blogged it with photo too :-)
    This is fun Judy !

    By Blogger Hanne, at 8/15/2006 10:11:00 AM  

  • I did my hour--but I must have miscounted because I only did 48 HST's! Silly me. I ended up using HST's that were the bonus blocks from another quilt. I have plenty, so I guess I get back to work! LOL I didn't spend the whole hour sewing, I'll admit. I had to pick up the work table so I would have room to sew! LOL

    By Blogger Passionate Quilter, at 8/15/2006 11:33:00 AM  

  • My hour turned into two because I used some triangle paper I printed from a program on my computer. The paper was enough off the correct measurement that I scrapped that and started over again using your method. Fortunately I had decided to just do two blocks before going ahead with all the HST's. (see my blog)
    Now I'm going to the sewing room to get working on the rest of the HST's.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 8/15/2006 12:28:00 PM  

  • All HSTs are finished, and one block is complete. I love the way it looks! I'll post it on my blog later tonight.

    By Blogger Susan , at 8/15/2006 04:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home