Sunshine Quilts

Sunday, June 12, 2005

RiM 2005 is only a Memory

Only those in my little quilting circle will know what "RiM" means so I'll explain. Several years ago, on a quilting message board, there were quilters on the west coast who are always getting together to have a quilting retreat. There were quilters in the northeast always getting together to have a quilting retreat. Those of us in the middle sat on our duffs and only dreamed of a quilting retreat so several of us got together and planned a "Retreat in the Middle". In 2004 and 2005, we had it at KY Dam Village State Park but it will move on to bigger and better places in 2006. Anyway, I just returned from four days of sewing and fellowship with the greatest quilters in the world. There were 37 of us . . except one of my good buddies bailed early because her second grandchild was born during the middle of the night. Goodness, nothing like priorities! :) Anyway, we sewed and talked and ate and laughed and cried and did everything except get enough sleep. I'm tired!! It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again. I received a wonderful gift from a wonderful friend . . will post that in a separate post. Judy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home